- Jacobus Hamiltonius, marchio AB Hamilton, Comes Cambricensis et Aranensis
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on moderately thick, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 12 1/8 × 8 5/8 inches (30.8 × 21.9 cm), Plate: 10 7/8 × 7 3/4 inches (27.6 × 19.7 cm), and Image: 9 5/8 × 7 1/2 inches (24.4 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "90"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "10"; inscribed in graphite, verso, upper right: "308"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "W.140 I | 1st state | ex c.24962"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "JACOBUS HAMILTONIUS, MARCHIO AB HAMILTON, COMES | CAMBRICENSIS ET ARANENSIS, BARO EVENIUS ET ABER: | BROCHIUS MAGISTRO EQUITUM SUÆ MAIESTATIS | MAGNE BRITTANNIÆ, ET EQUES ORDINIS GARTERY. | Pet. van Lisebetius Sculp."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dÿck pinxit"; lettered, lower right: "Joannes Meÿssens excudit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Pieter van Lisebetten, 1630–1678, Dutch, Jacobus Hamiltonius, marchio AB Hamilton, Comes Cambricensis et Aranensis, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.