Excellentissimus Dominus, D. Joannes, Comes Nassouiæ, Cattinelli Boci, vianden Dietz & c. Eques Aurei Vellieris. S.Ma. Cæs. Mareschallus Cath. Reg. in Belgio Equitum Generalis & c.
- Additional Title(s):
Johann VIII Count of Nassau-Siegen
- Part Of:
- Etching, engraving and stipple on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 14 7/8 × 11 inches (37.8 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 9 9/16 × 7 15/16 inches (24.3 × 20.2 cm), and Image: 8 7/16 × 7 3/16 inches (21.4 × 18.3 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower left: "Watermark 10R | 1680 | W.164  state"; lower right: "ex c.24962"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, center: "EXCELLENTISSIMUS DOMINUS. D. JOANNES. COMES NASSOVIÆ. CATINELLIBOCI. VIANDEN. DIETZ. & C. EQUES AUREI VELLERIS. S.MA: CÆS. MARESCHALLUS. CATH. REG. IN BELGIO. EQUITUM GENERALIS. & C."; lettered, lower center: "ILLUSTRISSIMÆ PRINCIPI. ERNESTINÆ DE LIGNE EIUSDEM D. COMITIS. UXORII D.D."; lettered, lower left: "A van Dyck pinxit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Associated People:
- Johan Maurits, Prince of Nassau-Siegen (Dutch colonial governor, 1604-1679)
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Lucas Vorsterman, 1595–1675, Flemish, Excellentissimus Dominus, D. Joannes, Comes Nassouiæ, Cattinelli Boci, vianden Dietz & c. Eques Aurei Vellieris. S.Ma. Cæs. Mareschallus Cath. Reg. in Belgio Equitum Generalis & c, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.