Study of a Reclining, Nude Figure
- Part Of:
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, rough, brown, wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 12 11/16 inches (26.7 × 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "October 27 1806 | [Poor Opie was a Visitor]"; inscribed in graphite, below drawing, on mount, lower center: "Drawn at R Academy 1807 (Charlotte)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | back | nude | reclining
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Study of a Reclining, Nude Figure, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.