Study of a Reclining, Nude Figure
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Black chalk and white chalk on medium, rough, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/2 × 12 11/16 inches (26.7 × 32.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "October 27 1806 | [Poor Opie was a Visitor]"; inscribed in graphite, below drawing, on mount, lower center: "Drawn at R Academy 1807 (Charlotte)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- anatomical study | back | nude | reclining
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Benjamin Robert Haydon, 1786–1846, British, Study of a Reclining, Nude Figure, 1806
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.