The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto, near Alatri
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 21 3/16 inches (39.7 x 53.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/16 x 21 5/8 inches (40.8 x 54.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No4 The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto, near Alatri."; lower right: "Nov. 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Nov. 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | Carthusian | convent | dog (animal) | figure | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Alatri | Europe | Frosinone | Italy | Lazio
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Carthusian Convent at Trisulto, near Alatri, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.