View on the Liris at Isola di Sora
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, brown wash and gray wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 1/4 inches (39.5 x 54 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 x 21 3/4 inches (40.6 x 55.2 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No. 21. View on the Liris at Isola di Sora"; lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink, below mounted image, lower right: "Novr 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | Grand Tour | island | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Liri | Sora
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, View on the Liris at Isola di Sora, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.