- View on the Liris, near Isola di Sora
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 5/8 x 21 3/16 inches (39.7 x 53.8 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 1/8 x 21 11/16 inches (41 x 55.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No 22. View on the Liris near Isola di Sora"; lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Grand Tour | island | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Liri | Sora
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, View on the Liris, near Isola di Sora, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.