IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Church of S. Domenico near Sora built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa, 1790
Church of S. Domenico near Sora built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One from a volume of 66] "Views Drawn from Nature in the Neighborhood of Rome and Abruzzo etc. By Sir Richard Colt Hoare Bart. In the Years 1786 to 1790"
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 1/4 inches (39.5 x 54 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 16 x 21 5/8 inches (40.6 x 54.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No 26. Church of S. Domenico near Sora. built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa."; lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | genre subject | Grand Tour | island | landscape | ruins
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.