Church of S. Domenico near Sora built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 15 9/16 x 21 1/4 inches (39.5 x 54 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 16 x 21 5/8 inches (40.6 x 54.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No 26. Church of S. Domenico near Sora. built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa."; lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "Novr. 1790. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | church | genre subject | Grand Tour | island | landscape | ruins
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Church of S. Domenico near Sora built upon the ruins of Cicero's Villa, 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.