Castle of Balzerrano, and Vale of Roveto, in Abbruzzo
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 15 9/16 x 21 1/4 inches (39.5 x 54 cm) and 16 x 21 11/16 inches (40.6 x 55.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No. 29. Castle of Balzerrano, and Vale of Roveto, in Abruzzo."; lower right: "May 1791. RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower right: "May 1791. RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Abruzzo | Civitella Roveto
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, Castle of Balzerrano, and Vale of Roveto, in Abbruzzo, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.