View in Abruzzo, May 1791
- Part Of:
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on moderately thick, moderately textured, cream laid paper mounted on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 16 5/16 x 22 9/16 inches (41.4 x 57.3 cm) and Contemporary drawn border: 17 1/8 x 23 1/2 inches (43.5 x 59.7 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "No 31. View in Abruzzo, May. 1791. . RCH"
Signed and dated in brown ink on page below mounted image, lower center: "May. 1791. . RCH"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, View in Abruzzo, May 1791, 1791
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.