IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Pont du Gard in Languedoc, 1786 to 1819
The Pont du Gard in Languedoc
- Part Of:
Collective Title: [One from a volume of 66] "Views Drawn from Nature in the Neighborhood of Rome and Abruzzo etc. By Sir Richard Colt Hoare Bart. In the Years 1786 to 1790"
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 11 7/16 x 17 1/8 inches (29.1 x 43.5 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower center: "No 38. The Pont du Gard in Languedoc."; lower right: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower right: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.