An Ancient Sepulchre near Albano, vulgarly ascribed to the Horatii
- Part Of:
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 11 3/16 x 16 7/8 inches (28.4 x 42.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower left: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."; lower center: "An ancient Sepulchre near Albano, vulgarly ascribed to the Horatii."; lower right: "No 6."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower left: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- ancient | cityscape | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape | sepulcher
- Associated Places:
- Albano Laziale
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, An Ancient Sepulchre near Albano, vulgarly ascribed to the Horatii, 1786 to 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.