- The Town and Lake of Nemi, in Italy
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 7/16 x 20 3/16 inches (34.1 x 51.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower left: "No 11."; lower center: "The Town and Lake of Nemi, in Italy."; lower right: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower right: "RCH. 1786 : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | genre subject | Grand Tour | lake | landscape | town
- Associated Places:
- Nemi | Nemi, Lago di
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Town and Lake of Nemi, in Italy, 1786 to 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.