The Tomb of Plautius etc near Tivoli
- Part Of:
- 1786 to 1819
- Graphite, pen and brown ink, and brown wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 13 1/16 x 20 1/8 inches (33.2 x 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink below image, lower left: "No 13."; lower center: "The Tomb of Plautius [?]c near Tivoli."; lower right: "RCH 1786 : 1819."
Signed and dated in brown ink below image, lower right: "RCH 1786 : 1819."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cityscape | genre subject | Grand Tour | landscape
- Associated Places:
- View by request in the Study Room
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Sir Richard Colt Hoare, 1758–1838, British, The Tomb of Plautius etc near Tivoli, 1786 to 1819
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.