- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 14 3/4 × 11 inches (37.5 × 27.9 cm), Sheet: 10 1/4 × 7 3/8 inches (26 × 18.7 cm), and Image: 9 1/8 × 7 3/8 inches (23.2 × 18.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, upper left: "Watermark 4 b 1665-75 | W.170 only one state"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ex c.24962"
Watermark: "Foolscap" Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "R.P. CAROLUS SCRIBANIUS Bruxellensis, é Societate IESU; in qua Antuerpiæ et | Bruxellæ Rector, ac Flandro-Belgicæ Provincialis, per multos annos fuit. Pietate, | doctrina, consilio, rebus bono publico gestis, libris editis clarus. Obyt Antuerpiæ | 24. June anno 1629. ætatis 69."; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dÿck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "M.R. | Petrus Cloüet Sculpsit."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- beard | book | cloak | hat | humanist | Jesuit | man | mustache | pillar | portrait | priest | religious and mythological subject | table | writer
- Associated People:
- Scribani, Charles (1561-1629), Belgian Jesuit priest, humanist, and writer
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Peter Clouet, 1629–1670, Flemish, R.P.Carolus Scribanius, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.