- R.P. Joannes Baptista de Bisthoven
- Line engraving and stipple engraving on medium, slightly textured, browned white, laid paper, mounted on, moderately thick, slightly textured, cream, laid paper
- Mount: 15 × 11 3/16 inches (38.1 × 28.4 cm), Sheet: 11 9/16 × 8 9/16 inches (29.4 × 21.7 cm), and Image: 10 9/16 × 8 7/16 inches (26.8 × 21.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "ex c.24962 | W.176 II | Watermark 10l | 1680"
Watermark Collector's mark: "G.A.C."
Lettered, lower center: "R.P. JOANNES BAPTISTA DE BISTHOUEN Antuerpiensis e Societate IESV | Collegy Alostani Rector, nec non in missione fiden catholicæ propagandæ apud exteros | præpositus. obyt Ao 1655"; lettered, lower left: "Ant. van Dÿck pinxit."; lettered, lower right: "A. Lommelin Sculp."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Adrian Lommelin, c. 1637–1677, R.P. Joannes Baptista de Bisthoven, ca.1635
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.