- Study of a Man with Stick Wearing the Order of the Garter
- Etching on moderately thick, moderately textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 9 3/8 x 7 1/8 inches (23.8 x 18.1 cm), Plate: 7 1/2 x 5 3/8 inches (19 x 13.6 cm), and Image: 5 15/16 x 2 13/16 inches (15.1 x 7.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left: "44555 (encircled)"
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "Mr. Bunbury. July 1782."; lower right: "Js. Bretherton f."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bow (costume accessory) | costume | figure study | frock coat | genre subject | knights | man | medal | nobility | Order of the Garter | ornament | profile (figure) | queue wig | staff (walking stick) | star | tricorne | wig
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by James Bretherton, ca. 1730–1806, British, Study of a Man with Stick Wearing the Order of the Garter, 1782
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.