- after 1850
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut done by an unknown later printer on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 3 1/2 × 5 1/4 inches (8.9 × 13.3 cm), Image: 2 3/8 × 3 13/16 inches (6.1 × 9.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Ju 63, | D/s/f | 3 /of/ 2"; on back, upper center: "9 (encircled) | Baxter signed"
stamped in gray ink, lower left, partly within image and partly beneath image: "BAXTERS PATENT OIL PRINTING | 11, Northampton Square."
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "BALMORAL CASTLE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Undetermined
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bonnets (hats) | boys | castle | children | costume | dog (animal) | dresses | frock coat | genre subject | girl | landscape | man | mountains | portrait | prince | queen (person) | royalty | snow | top hat | trees | Victorian | winter | woman
- Associated Places:
- Aberdeenshire | Balmoral Castle | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
Victoria (1819–1901), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and empress of India
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Engraved by George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Balmoral Castle, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.