- after 1850
- Aquatint and stipple engraving; color woodcut done by an unknown later printer on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 3 1/2 x 5 1/4 inches (8.9 x 13.3 cm) and Image: 2 3/8 x 3 13/16 inches (6.1 x 9.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "Ju 63, | D/s/f | 3 /of/ 2"; on back, upper center: "9 (encircled) | Baxter signed"
stamped in gray ink, lower left, partly within image and partly beneath image: "BAXTERS PATENT OIL PRINTING | 11, Northampton Square."
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "BALMORAL CASTLE."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | architecture | bonnets (hats) | boys | castle | children | costume | dog (animal) | dresses | frock coat | genre subject | girl | landscape | man | mountains | portrait | prince | queen (person) | royalty | snow | top hat | trees | Victorian | winter | woman
- Associated Places:
- Aberdeenshire | Balmoral Castle | Europe | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Associated People:
- Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
Victoria (1819–1901), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and empress of India
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Engraved by George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Balmoral Castle, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.