- Passage to the Grand Chartreuse
- Graphite and varnish on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 9 1/2 inches (18.4 x 24.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper left to upper center: "Passage to the grand Char = Octr - 25"; in graphite upper right: "1 [...]"; in graphite lower left: "76"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | bridges (built works) | cliffs | gorges | Grand Tour | landscape | passage | roads
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France | Grande Chartreuse, Couvent de la
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Passage to the Grand Chartreuse, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.