Gulf of Naples Map
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink on thin, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- 4 1/2 x 7 1/4 inches (11.4 x 18.4 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink upper left to center: "Mola | Gaeta | Ischia Baia Pozzuoli Naples | Procita"; in graphite center: "Capo di Miseno"; in pen and black ink center: "Chaia | Pausilipo | Nisida"; in pen and black ink center right to lower right: "Portici (Vesuvio) | Caprea | <Capo di Miseno>"; in graphite lower left: "129"; in graphite lower right: "Promontory of Minerva"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cartographic material | coast | geology | gulf | islands | map | science | volcano
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Naples | Pozzuoli | Pozzuoli, Golfo di | Vesuvio
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Gulf of Naples Map, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.