Coast of Vietri from Salerno, September 22
- Part Of:
- Graphite and varnish on thin, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/2 x 9 3/4 inches (19.1 x 24.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite upper left to upper center: "Coast of Vietri - from Salerno - Septr. 22"; in graphite upper right: "40"; in graphite upper right: "illumined vapour on the upper | part of the highest mountain - | even 2"; in graphite center: "wood & rock"; in graphite upper left to lower left: "8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1"; in graphite lower left: "186"; in graphite lower left to lower right: "1 2 <...>4 5 <...>7 B3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coast | hills | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | sea | trees
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Italy | Salerno | Vietri sul Mare
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
John Robert Cozens, 1752–1797, British, Coast of Vietri from Salerno, September 22, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.