- Sir Robert Peel
- late 19th century-early 20th century
- Photomechanical reproduction on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper laid on mount
- Sheet: 4 15/16 x 3 9/16 inches (12.6 x 9 cm) and Image: 4 3/8 x 3 1/8 inches (11.1 x 8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, upper left: "D a/t"; on back of mount, upper left: "D/a/t | 25/- | 14 (encircled)"
Stamped, within image, lower right: "BAXTER | PATENTEE"; previously stamped, beneath current stamp, blacked out: "LE BLOND & CO. LONDON | L. A. ELLIOT & CO. | BOSTON, U. S."
Lettered in black ink, lower center: "SIR ROBERT PEEL, Engraved, Printed & Published April 20th. 1853 by the Proprietor, GEORGE BAXTER | the Inventor & Patentee of Oil Colour Picture Printing, 11 & 12 Northampton Square (Entered at Stationers Hall)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- brocade | coat | costume | man | necktie | politician | portrait | waistcoat
- Associated People:
- Peel, Sir Robert, third baronet (1822–1895), politician
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by imitator of George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Sir Robert Peel, late 19th century-early 20th century
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.