IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Bacharach, after 1850
- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Etching and aquatint, with color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Image: 4 7/8 x 6 13/16 inches (12.4 x 17.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Bradshaw & Blacklock | Bacharach on | the Rhine | 10 / - Print (circled)"; inscribed on shared mount with B1977.14.10635, on front, upper right: "Listed | as | view near | Bingen"; center: "Bingen on Rhine (underlined twice)"; center right: "58 + 61"; lower center: "Bacharach on Rhine. (underlined twice) B + B | E / w / G"; on back, upper left: "62 (circled)"; center: "2 Sheets E / s + o / G | 2/25L"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architecture | beach | boats | buildings | bushes | caps | castle | children | churches | cliff | clouds | coats | dresses | families | fishing | lake | landscape | leaves | leisure | marine art | men | people | river | rowboats | sailboats | shore (landform) | sitting | steamboat | sticks | sunlight | sunshine | trees | walking | watching | women
- Associated Places:
- Bacharach | Bingen | Europe | Germany | Mainz | Rhine | Rhineland Palatinate
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.