View near Bingen
- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Etching and aquatint, with color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Image: 4 15/16 x 6 7/8 inches (12.5 x 17.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Bradshaw & Blacklock 2 of 10L | (text crossed out) | Bingen on Rhone | Bingen"; inscribed in graphite, on shared mount with B1977.14.10634, on front, upper right: "Listed | as | view near | Bingen"; center: "Bingen on Rhine (underlined twice)"; center right: "58 + 61"; lower center: "Bacharach on Rhine. (underlined twice) B + B | E / w / G"; on back, upper left: "62 (circled)"; center: "2 Sheets E / s + o / G | 2/25L"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architecture | boats | buildings | bushes | caps | castle | children | churches | cliff | clouds | coats | dresses | families | fishing | flowers (plants) | lake | landscape | leaves | leisure | marine art | men | monument | path | river | road | rowboats | sailboats | shore (landform) | sitting | steamboat | sticks | sunlight | sunshine | trees | walking | watching | women
- Associated Places:
- Bacharach | Bingen | Europe | Germany | Mainz | Rhine | Rhineland Palatinate | Stahleck Castle
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, View near Bingen, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.