- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Materials & Techniques:
- Aquatint and stipple engraving, with color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Image: 1 7/8 x 4 15/16 inches (4.8 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount (three images share this mount) on front, upper right: "Ben Nevis | Set | 86"; center right: "Highland | Dancers | No 87"; lower left: "B + B E 7 u / b"; lower right: "Constantinople | Raft Sel | 88 V | Tune"; on back, upper left: "67 (circled) | 3 set, £3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | costume | genre subject | hills | horse (animal) | kilts | lake | landscape | laundry | men | mountain | sailboat | sheets | sitting | talking | tartan | trees | watching | women
- Associated Places:
- Ben Nevis | Highland | Lochaber | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Ben Nevis, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.