- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Aquatint and stipple engraving, with color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Image: 1 13/16 x 4 15/16 inches (4.6 x 12.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount (three images share this mount) on front, upper right: "Ben Nevis | Set | 86"; center right: "Highland | Dancers | No 87"; lower left: "B + B E 7 u / b"; lower right: "Constantinople | Raft Sel | 88 V | Tune"; on back, upper left: "67 (circled) | 3 set, £3"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bagpipes | building | celebration | costume | dancers | dancing | flags | genre subject | hats | kilts | men | musician | plaid | ritual | tartan | windows
- Associated Places:
- Highland | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Highland Dancers, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.