- after 1850
- Stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper cut into five scenes and mounted on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Image (five images identical in measurement): 1 7/8 x 1 inches (4.8 x 2.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on shared mount (with B1977.14.10640a-e and B1977.14.10641a-f), upper center: "BEN NEVIS SET (underlined twice)"; upper right: "86"; center: "HIGHLAND DANCERS SET (underlined twice)"; center right: "87"; lower center: "CONSTANTINOPLE SET (underlined once) | B + B E / M | 2/10L"; lower right: "95"; on back, upper left: "69 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bushes | costume | genre subject | hills | horse (animal) | kilts | lake | landscape | laundry | men | mountains | sailboat | sheets | sitting | talking | tartan | trees | watching | women
- Associated Places:
- Ben Nevis | Europe | Highland | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Ben Nevis, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.