- after 1850
- Materials & Techniques:
- Stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper cut into six scenes and mounted on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Image: 2 1/8 x 1 1/16 inches (5.4 x 2.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on shared mount (with B1977.14.10640a-e and B1977.14.10639a-e), upper center: "BEN NEVIS SET (underlined twice)"; upper right: "86"; center: "HIGHLAND DANCERS SET (underlined twice)"; center right: "87"; lower center: "CONSTANTINOPLE SET (underlined once) | B + B E / M | 2/10L"; lower right: "95"; on back, upper left: "69 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barges | boats | cityscape | domes | galleons | marine art | minarets | mosques | ocean | people | punts | rafts | rowboats | rowing | sailboats | spires | turbans | working
- Associated Places:
- Asia | Constantinople | Istanbul | Marmara | Turkey
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Constantinopole, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.