Double Hairpin Set
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 6 5/8 x 7 5/16 inches (16.8 x 18.5 cm), Image (upper): 2 13/16 x 6 5/16 inches (7.1 x 16 cm), and Image (lower): 2 13/16 x 6 5/16 inches (7.1 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, center right: "93"; on back, upper left: "B + B E/02 | 35L | 70 (circled)"; upper center: "Hair Pin set | No 93 | 6 country scenes | 6 Greek scenes"; center: "No 10 in Barles(?) value 1924"
Lettered, in red ink, below top and bottom images: "BEST | LONDON | Hair Pins" (repeated 6 across, on both images)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bonnets | bucket | children | cloaks | coats | columns | costume | cow | dancers | dancing | dogs (animals) | dresses | flute | food | genre subject | Greek | hairpin | jumpers (dresses) | leisure | men | milking | music | music | people | picnic | ruins | sashes | set | sitting | stones | swords | talking | top hats | turbans | violin | watching | wine | women
- Associated Places:
- Athens | Greece | Parthenon
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Double Hairpin Set, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.