Eight Rural Subjects
- after 1850
- Aquatint, etching, stipple engraving and color woodcut on moderately thick, slightly textured, beige, wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 12 1/2 x 11 3/16 inches (31.8 x 28.4 cm), Image (overall): 11 5/16 x 9 5/8 inches (28.8 x 24.5 cm), and Image (eight images identical in measurement): 5 5/8 x 2 1/2 inches (14.3 x 6.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left under lower left image: "Turban Tale"; lower right, under lower right image: "Popping the | Question"; on back, upper left: "64 (circled)"; center, left to right upside down: "27 3 4 29"; center: "B + B | E / d / £3 / wL"; lower, left to right: "38 32 44 47"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aprons | bag | barrel | baskets | bonnets | bracelets | bridge (built work) | cages | cat | chairs | children | coat | costume | courting | cravats | curtains | dogs (animals) | doorway | dress | fans | flowers (plants) | food | garlands | genre subject | grass | hat | inside | ivy | jackets | kilt | lake | men | mountains | necklaces | nobility | outside | oval | pails | painting (visual work) | petticoats | pillows | plaid | plants | river | rural | screen | socks | spindle | spinning | sunbonnets | tartan | tassels | tea | teacups | teapots | tie | tights | top hat | watering cans | wheat | woman | women | yarn
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Eight Rural Subjects, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.