Her Majesty Queen Victoria & Family
- ca. 1851
- Aquatint, etching, stipple engraving and color woodcut on thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 4 13/16 x 7 5/16 inches (12.3 x 18.6 cm) and Image (oval): 3 1/2 x 5 11/16 inches (8.9 x 14.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, left along vertical edge: "B + B | Her Majesty Queen | Victoria & Family | No 5"; upper center: "B + B 5 | E / g / G | 2/10/"; upper right: "59 (circled)"
Lettered, in black ink, lower left inside image: "B & B"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baby | bonnets | chairs | children | daughters | drapery | dresses | family | flowers (plants) | inkwell | jewels | lions | monarch | mother | petticoats | portrait | roses | royalty | sashes | skirts | sons | stools | tables | tapestries | tassels | vases
- Associated People:
- Victoria (1819–1901), queen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and empress of India
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Her Majesty Queen Victoria & Family, ca. 1851
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.