- The Last Supper
- ca. 1854
- Etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 5/8 x 8 3/4 inches (14.3 x 22.2 cm) and Image: 3 5/8 x 7 3/16 inches (9.2 x 18.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "5L"; on back, upper center: "B+B 15 | E/w/- | The Last Supper | in | Pictorial Basket"; upper right: "58 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- Announcement of the betrayal of Christ, and the reaction of the apostles | bread | building | Christian | communion | disciples | discussion | food | gesturing | hands | religious | religious and mythological subject | robes | sandals | table | the episode of the Last Supper | wine
- Associated People:
- Jesus Christ (7-2 BC/BCE to 30-36 AD/CE)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, The Last Supper, ca. 1854
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.