- Balmoral Castle
- after 1850
- Etching, stipple engraving, and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 1/4 x 7 3/8 inches (26 x 18.8 cm) and Image: 3 15/16 x 5 3/4 inches (10 x 14.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite (on sheet shared by two images), on front, upper center (above other image): "Balmoral Castle"; on back, center: "B + B E/Y Lewis 7 + 8 | £ 2"; lower center: "Osborne"; lower right: "25 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | clouds | costume | deer | forest | grass | hats | hills | kilts | landscape | mountains | palace | plaid | river | tartan | trees
- Associated Places:
- Aberdeenshire | Balmoral Castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Balmoral Castle, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.