- Former Title(s):
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on medium, smooth, cream wove paper cut into eight scenes and mounted on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Image (eight images identical in measurement): 2 11/16 x 7/8 inches (6.8 x 2.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount shared with B1977.14.10674a-h, on front, upper center: "HAIRPIN BOXES"; center: "TURKISH SCENES" (underlined twice); right center: "103"; lower left: "B + B | E / d / - "; lower center: "COUNTRY SCENES" (underlined twice); lower left: "102 | 2 / 5 /"; on back, upper left: "76 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- belts | children | cloaks | costume | discussion (meeting) | Egyptian | feathers | genre subject | grass | hills | horse (animal) | jackets | jugs | men | path | patterns | pillows | slippers | staffs | standing | stripes | swords | tent | tights | trees | tunics | turbans | Turkish
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Turkish Scenes, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.