- Former Title(s):
- after 1850
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on medium, smooth, cream wove paper cut into eight scenes and mounted on medium, smooth, beige wove paper
- Image: 2 3/4 x 7/8 inches (7 x 2.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount shared with B1977.14.10673a-h, on front, upper center: "HAIRPIN BOXES"; center: "TURKISH SCENES" (underlined twice); right center: "103"; lower left: "B + B | E / d / - "; lower center: "COUNTRY SCENES" (underlined twice); lower left: "102 | 2 / 5 /"; on back, upper left: "76 (circled)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | bodice | boy | buckets | bushes | carts | coats | cows | dogs (animals) | donkeys | dresses | English | farming | farms | fences | flowers (plants) | gardening | genre subject | goats | grass | horses (animals) | houses | hunting | kitten | labor | landowners | leaves | men | pastoral | rifle | sheep | shoes | town | trees | vests | watching | women | working
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Country Scenes, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.