- Former Title(s):
His Royal Highness Prince Albert
- after 1855
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper mounted on contemporary cream card with unevenly painted gold border
- Mount: 10 1/16 x 8 1/16 inches (25.5 x 20.4 cm) and Image: 8 7/8 x 6 5/16 inches (22.5 x 16 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, center: "Given to Ellen D(?)rakeford | Edgbaston Birmingham | by Mr. Leo Baxter as | specimen of work done | by Messrs Bradshaw & Blacklock | Manchester | "Prince Albert" | punched | print 10/6"; lower left: "THEO (underlined) E / g / G | B + B 2 | £4"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balustrade | beard | castle | clouds | columns | costume | curls | fancy dress | gold | horses (animals) | labor | lace | medal | moustache | plough | portrait | pose | prince | royalty | sash | suits | top hat | trees | vest | vines
- Associated People:
- Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Prince Albert, after 1855
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.