IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
after George Baxter, 1804–1867, British, Prince Albert, after 1855
- Former Title(s):
His Royal Highness Prince Albert
- Part Of:
- after 1855
- Aquatint, stipple engraving, etching and color woodcut on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 7/16 × 7 1/2 inches (26.5 × 19 cm), Image: 8 7/8 × 6 3/8 inches (22.5 × 16.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "B + B E / w / G 2"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- balustrade | beard | castle | clouds | columns | curls | horses (animals) | labor | lace | medal | moustache | plow (agricultural equipment) | portrait | pose | prince | royalty | sashes (costume accessories) | top hat | trees | vest | vines
- Associated People:
- Albert (1819–1861), prince consort, consort of Queen Victoria
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.