IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Review of the Troops, after 1850
Review of the Troops
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Review of the Troops (set) and Greek (set)
- after 1850
- Aquatint, etching and stipple engraving with color woodcut on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper cut into six scenes and mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Image: 2 1/16 x 1 1/16 inches (5.3 x 2.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, on mount shared with B1977.14.10693a-h, upper right: "96 (underlined)"; center: "Military Set (underlined twice)"; center right: "99 (underlined)"; lower left: "B+B 99 | E / u / - Greek Set (underlined)"; on back, upper left: "£2 | 71 (circled)"; center: "Not in L (crossed out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | bridles | cavalries | cavalry | dogs (animals) | epaulettes | feathers | fields | flags | helmets | hills | horses (animals) | military art | saddles | ships | soldiers | trees | troops | turbans | Turkish
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.