Review of the Troops
- Additional Title(s):
- Part Of:
- after 1850
- Aquatint, etching and stipple engraving with color woodcut on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper cut into six scenes and mounted on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper
- Image (six images identical in measurement): 2 1/16 x 1 1/16 inches (5.3 x 2.7 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, on mount shared with B1977.14.10693a-h, upper right: "96 (underlined)"; center: "Military Set (underlined twice)"; center right: "99 (underlined)"; lower left: "B+B 99 | E / u / - Greek Set (underlined)"; on back, upper left: "£2 | 71 (circled)"; center: "Not in L (crossed out)"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- armed forces | bridles | cavalries | cavalry | dogs (animals) | epaulettes | feathers | fields | flags | helmets | hills | horses (animals) | military art | saddles | ships | soldiers | trees | troops | turbans | Turkish
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Review of the Troops, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.