Set of Needle-Box Prints
- after 1850
- Materials & Techniques:
- Etching, stipple engraving and aquatint, with color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Sheet: 2 1/4 × 5 1/4 inches (5.7 × 13.3 cm), Image: 1 13/16 × 4 7/8 inches (4.6 × 12.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount (shared with three images, B1977.14.10697-10699): on front, upper left: "E / W / G | 2/10/2"; upper center: "Needle Box Prints B + Blacklock"; on back, upper left: "78 (circled) Platobo | por B . B?"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- barrels | carrying | city | cityscape | costume | discussion (meeting) | doorway | flags | fountain | genre subject | gesturing | hats | lamps | pots | sitting | skirts | standing | statues | talking | tent | vessels
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Set of Needle-Box Prints, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.