- after 1850
- Aquatint and etching, with color woodcut on cream card mounted on beige card
- Sheet (cropped inside plate): 5 1/8 x 7 1/16 inches (13 x 17.9 cm) and Image: 4 7/16 x 6 1/2 inches (11.2 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, upper left: "E/g/G | 80 (circled)"; center: "3/6"; center right along vertical edge: "Tintern Abbey | No 83 in Pictorial Castle"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "TINTERN ABBEY | (Monmouthshire)" (last word partially cut off)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- abbey | boats | church | clouds | fences | fishing | herons | hills | lake | landscape | plants | sailboat | shore (landform) | town | trees
- Associated Places:
- Cymru | Monmouthshire | Tintern Abbey | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Bradshaw & Blacklock, active ca.1850, British, Tintern Abbey, after 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.