- Additional Title(s):
Woman Bathing Feet
- Line engraving and etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, green-beige laid paper
- Sheet: 10 5/8 x 8 3/16 inches (27 x 20.8 cm), Plate: 4 15/16 x 4 1/2 inches (12.6 x 11.4 cm), and Image: 4 13/16 x 4 5/16 inches (12.3 x 11 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "Before Mass"; on back, lower left: "39 (circled)"
Lettered, lower center: "RSA"
Signed and dated in graphite, lower center: "RobertAustin1927"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- © Estate of the Artist
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bathing | beads | bench | bookmarks | books | bottle | bowl | camisole | candle | candlestick | church | cleaning | cloth | crucifix | cup | cupboard | curtain | genre subject | mass | necklace | pitcher | rug | scissors | slippers | straw | towel | washing | window | woman
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Robert Sargent Austin, 1895–1973, British, Before Mass, 1927
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.