Hare in a Landscape
- Watercolor, gouache and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/4 × 6 1/4 inches (22.2 × 15.9 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, lower right: "17"
Signed in brown ink, lower left: "Newton Fielding"; dated in black ink, lower left: "1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | fence | landscape | rabbit
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Newton Limbird Smith Fielding, 1799–1856, British, Hare in a Landscape, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.