The Cadger's Trot
- Additional Title(s):
The Cader's Trot
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (20.7 x 26 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 7 1/16 inches (14 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left corner: "[?h]obo £7-70"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "(lettering is flipped backwards, certain words are legible): she[...] by B[...] S[...] | 21 Aug 1823"; lower left under image: "Robertson & Ballantine's Lethog.y Edin.~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bridle | coat | equestrian | grass | horse (animal) | horseback riding | man | rain | riding | riding boots | riding crop | running | sporting art | stirrups | top hat | trotting | whip
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Cadger's Trot, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.