The Cadger's Trot
- Additional Title(s):
The Cader's Trot
- Lithograph on medium, slightly textured, beige laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/8 x 10 1/4 inches (20.7 x 26 cm) and Image (no image border): 5 1/2 x 7 1/16 inches (14 x 18 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on back, lower left corner: "[?h]obo £7-70"
Lettered, in black ink, lower center: "(lettering is flipped backwards, certain words are legible): she[...] by B[...] S[...] | 21 Aug 1823"; lower left under image: "Robertson & Ballantine's Lethog.y Edin.~"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bridle | coat | equestrian | grass | horseback riding | man | rain | riding | riding boots | riding crop | running | sporting art | stirrups | top hat | trotting | whip
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Thomas Bewick, 1753–1828, British, The Cadger's Trot, 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.