Ancienne Porte a Stirling
- Former Title(s):
Vues Pittoresques de l'Écosse / Ancienne Porte à Stirling
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 9/16 x 13 5/16 inches (26.8 x 33.8 cm), Image: 6 3/8 x 8 11/16 inches (16.2 x 22 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, upper right: "(B36)"; lower right: "Triage B?"; inscribed in brown ink, on back, center: "Adg."
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Dess. par F. A. Pernot."; lower center under image: "Lith. de VIllain."; lower center: "ANCIENNE PORTE A STIRLING. | OLD GATE-WAY AT STIRLING"; lower right under image: "Lith. par Bonington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | architectural | architectural subject | birds | blocks | bushes | cart | clouds | fences | gate | houses | laundry | men | old | peasants | pond | rocks (landforms) | ruins | sculpture | sticks | stone | women | workers
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Scotland | Stirling | United Kingdom
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Ancienne Porte a Stirling, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.