Eglise de St. Jean a Lyons
- Former Title(s):
Facade de St Jean
- ca. 1824
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper pasted on contemporary mount
- Sheet (cropped to image): 8 7/8 x 11 15/16 inches (22.5 x 30.3 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "1824"; lower right: "1824"
Marked in black ink, on front, lower right: collector's stamp (oval with B overlaid on a g)
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Chapuy del."; lower center under image: "Lith de G Engelmann"; lower right under image: "Bonington [...] (covered by collector's stamp)"
Signed on stone, lower right: "R P Bonnington"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | buckets | buttresses | carts | cathedral | cityscape | cloaks | clock | columns | facade | Grand Tour | men | naves | people | sculpture | spires | square | stained glass | stairs | street | women | workers
- Associated Places:
- France | Lyon Cathedral | Lyons | Rhône | Rhône-Alpes
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Eglise de St. Jean a Lyons, ca. 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.