Les Plaisirs Paternels
- Former Title(s):
Cahier de six sujets / Les Plaisirs Paternels
- Part Of:
- Materials & Techniques:
- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 7 13/16 x 5 13/16 inches (19.8 x 14.7 cm), Image: 5 1/2 x 4 1/8 inches (14 x 10.4 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "No. 5"; lower left on mount: "B. 47as2, Nos 3 A5"; on back, lower right: "Vu/4 (underlined) | 20/4"
Collector's mark: Albert Maroni (Lugt 150b); lower right, impressed into paper, AL.
Lettered, in black ink, lower left under image: "Bonnington del"; lower center: "LES PLAISIRS PATERNELS. | a Paris, Chez Mme Brossier, au depot gal de Lith. quai Voltaire, No.7"; lower right under image: "Lith. de Lemercier"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- aristocrat | bonnet | cane | chair | children | daughter | discussion (meeting) | drapery | family | fancy dress | father | food | fruit | genre subject | hat | man | pitcher | pleasure | sons | sword | table | window
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Les Plaisirs Paternels, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.