IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Rue du Gros Horloge, 1824
Rue du Gros Horloge
- Former Title(s):
Voyages pittoresques et romantiques dans l'ancienne France / Rue du gros horloge, Rouen
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Voyages pittoresques et romantiques dans l'ancienne France
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 13 x 13 15/16 inches (33 x 35.4 cm), Sheet: 11 x 11 9/16 inches (28 x 29.3 cm), Image: 9 7/16 x 9 13/16 inches (24 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Beraldi 1 A. C. 16 III Sur Chine"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 173"; lettered lower left under image: "Bonington 1824"; lower center: "Rue du gros Horloge. | Rouen."; lower right under image: "Lith. de G. Engelmann"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buildings | buying | caps | carts | children | city | cityscape | clock | clouds | costume | crowds | dogs (animals) | drapery | farmers | genre subject | houses | labor | laundry | men | peasants | people | selling | street | tower (building division) | watching | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- France | Haute-Normandie | Rouen | Seine-Maritime, Département de la
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.