- Rue du Gros Horloge
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 13 x 13 15/16 inches (33 x 35.4 cm), Sheet: 11 x 11 9/16 inches (28 x 29.3 cm), and Image: 9 7/16 x 9 13/16 inches (24 x 25 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on front, lower left: "Beraldi 1 A. C. 16 III Sur Chine"
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 173"; lettered lower left under image: "Bonington 1824"; lower center: "Rue du gros Horloge. | Rouen."; lower right under image: "Lith. de G. Engelmann"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | buildings | buying | caps | carts | children | city | cityscape | clock | clouds | costume | crowds | dogs (animals) | drapery | farmers | genre subject | houses | labor | laundry | men | peasants | people | selling | street | tower (building division) | watching | women | workers | working
- Associated Places:
- France | Haute-Normandie | Rouen | Seine-Maritime, Département de la
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Rue du Gros Horloge, 1824
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.