Ruines de Chateau d'Arlay
- Former Title(s):
Voyages pittoresques et romantiques dans l'ancienne France / Ruines du Château d'Arlay
- Part Of:
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with gray chine collé
- Sheet: 13 5/16 x 18 1/8 inches (33.8 x 46.1 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 8 5/8 x 11 1/8 inches (21.9 x 28.3 cm), and Image: 7 3/4 x 10 1/4 inches (19.7 x 26 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 85."; lower left under image: "Bonington 1827"; lower center (under chine collé): "Ruines du Chateau d'Arlay. | Franche Comte."; lower right under image: "Lith. de. Engelmann, rue Louis le Grand No27 a Paris"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | château | costume | donkey | farming | genre subject | hats | landscape | mountains | peasants | picking | ruins | skirts | stripes | trees | vines | women
- Associated Places:
- Bletterans | Château d'Arlay | Europe | France | Franche-Comté | Jura
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Ruines de Chateau d'Arlay, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.