- Vue Generale des Ruines du Chateau d'Arlay
- Lithograph on moderately thick, smooth, cream wove paper with cream chine collé
- Sheet: 18 11/16 x 13 7/16 inches (47.5 x 34.1 cm), Sheet: 7 7/8 x 9 11/16 inches (20 x 24.6 cm), and Image: 6 9/16 x 8 7/16 inches (16.7 x 21.5 cm)
Lettered, in black ink, upper center: "P. 84."; lower left under image: "Bonington 1827."; lower center: "Vue generale des Ruines du Chateau d'Arlay."; lower center under chine collé: "Franche Comte."; lower right under image: "Lith. de Engelmann, rue Louis le Grand No27 a Paris."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | architectural subject | castle | clouds | cows | farmers | grass | hills | landscape | peasants | ruins | trees | trunks
- Associated Places:
- Bletterans | Château d'Arlay | Europe | France | Franche-Comté | Jura
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by Richard Parkes Bonington, 1802–1828, British, Vue Generale des Ruines du Chateau d'Arlay, 1827
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.