- Lithograph on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Mount: 16 3/8 x 12 1/2 inches (41.6 x 31.7 cm), Sheet: 2 1/8 x 3 1/2 inches (5.4 x 8.9 cm), Image: 1 5/8 x 3 inches (4.2 x 7.6 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center on mount: "The Flood | lithograph"; inscribed in graphite, lower right on mount: "F 3"; inscribed in graphite, lower left on back of mount: "AL 180 | TL 5794 (B - 11)"
Lettered lower right within image: "EDW.D CALVERT. | INVEN."; lettered lower center below image: "LONDON PUBLISHED OCTOBER 1 MDCCCXXIX BY EDW.D CALVERT XVII RUSSELL ST. BRIXTON RD." ("SS" in "RUSSELL" reversed)
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animal art | bank | branches | bridge (built work) | carrying | cattle | clouds | cows | danger | drapery | escape | flood | herdsman | island | landscape | man | nude | oxen | river | robe | skirt (garment) | staff | stream | trees | trunks | water | woman
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Painting in England 1700-1850 : collection of Mr. & Mrs. Paul Mellon : Exhibition at the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, , 1,2, Virginia Museum of Fine Arts, Richmond, VA, 1963, v.1: p. 202, no. 388c, ND466 V57 v.1-2 (YCBA) [YCBA]