Gorge du Mont Terrible
- Lithograph on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper with beige chine collé
- Sheet: 11 5/8 x 16 5/16 inches (29.6 x 41.4 cm), Sheet (chine collé): 7 3/16 x 9 1/16 inches (18.3 x 23 cm), and Image: 5 7/8 x 7 15/16 inches (14.9 x 20.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "110B"
Lettered, upper center: "Pl. 129"; lower left: "J.D.Harding lithog."; lower center: "Gorge du Mont Terrible"; lower right: "Imprime par C. Hullmandel"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | donkey | gorge | landscape | man | mountains | path | river | road | rocks (landforms) | trees | valley | walking
- Associated Places:
- Europe | France
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
James Duffield Harding, 1798–1863, British, Gorge du Mont Terrible, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.